Hi-Lite needs a small engine/small equipment mechanic that is versatile and able to repair, service and make adjustments to our small engine hand equipment. This individual must also be able to perform basic maintenance on vehicles (Oil changes, light bulbs, ect.). Under limited supervision performs repairs, scheduled maintenance, visually inspects and diagnose repairs that are necessary for the maintenance of all equipment; performs related work as assigned.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with maintenance supervisor
Perform routine small engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs
Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts
Adjust components according to specifications
Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts
Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs
Keep records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used
Maintenance parts inventory
Diagnose problems and report them to Shop Supervisor.
10. Safety practices and procedures.
11. Ensure work area is clean at end of each day.
12. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
13. Use in an appropriate and safe manner the hand, power, and specialized tools used in the Maintenance Facility
14. Must practice defensive driving at all times on and off the job
15. Communicate accident prevention at all times with all employees
16. Grinders, hand striping equipment, line drivers, other small/hand equipment.
17. Test equipment and make adjustments as needed.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications.
3. Prepare and maintain records and reports.
4. Technical Capacity..
5. Diagnostic equipment.
6. Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
7. Diagnosing mechanical problems and performing repairs.
8. Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with weekends and travel expected.
Travel Some travel
Required Education and Experience
1. Have 2-3 years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing
2. Excellent mechanical aptitude
3. Valid driver license and must have a clean driving record
4. High School Diploma or G.E.D., Trade school training
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing small engine equipment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Experience with acetylene and electric arc welding.
2. Have own tools
3. Clean MVR
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
10-year background clearance
AAP/EEO Statement: Hi-Lite is an EEO Company. It is the policy of Hi-Lite to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford EEO to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hi-Lite complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Hi-Lite’s EEO policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume to HR@hi-lite.com